Monday, August 10, 2009

MA to MT: Day 2


We started Day 2 (July 29) with a quick trip to Niagara Falls before checking out and getting back on the highway. My family hadn't been there, and I had only been when the falls were mostly frozen. I need to go back again when I have time to enjoy the ancillaries - still need to ride the Maid of the Mist! After we got back on the highway (a bit later than I would have liked), we traveled I-90 through the rest of NY, then PA, OH, and, finally to Elkhart, IN (approximately 440 miles total). The trip was shorter than the previous day, but our late start had us arriving in Elkhart sometime around 9 p.m. While dinner was late, happily our room was much nicer (cleaner, less stinky) than the previous night's. In all, it was a long day driving through vineyards, hills, corn fields, and the like, and we were exhausted by the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment